Recent press releases
Please select a role to view the job description:
- We also have various graduate positions across Design, Layout, Software for more information visit wolfsongrads
Chip Lead (Mixed-signal/Digital/Analogue Design)
In this role you will be responsible for the assessment and scoping of new projects, working with technical directors and Project Management Office to build robust holistic plans that deliver quality products and meet the specification on time. You will be the technical lead of a cross-functional development team to deliver a quality product that meets the specification in the projected time lines
Desired Skills & Experience
Essential technical skills:
- Building mixed-signal IC
- Leading cross-functional engineering teams
Good knowledge of whole systems and the interactions between all blocks (both digital and analogue) with an ability to retain a coherent view of the whole system.
Experience of building mixed-signal ICs is essential, as well as a detailed understanding of key parts such as layout floor planning, timing constraints, verification (both digital and analogue), pad/port and pin placement, library requirements, limitations of the technology and analogue/digital interfaces.
You will need to have experience of leading a cross-functional team of engineers in the development of complex mixed-signal ICs from initial scoping and estimating to a mass production-ready product.
The cross-functional team of engineers would include layout, digital design and verification, analogue design, DfT, PnR, test, software, and you will need to have a sound understanding of all these skills.
Principal Test Development Engineer
You will be responsible for the development of production test solutions for high volume manufacture of complex mixed-signal semiconductors. You will be Working with the design and development organisation in the development of new test techniques/methodologies and their adoption within the company.
Desired Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role you will have the following skills / experience:
- Linear/analogue background.
- In-depth knowledge and development experience on production mixed-signal IC testers
- Knowledge of Teradyne Catalyst, Teradyne Ultra-Flex or National Instruments testers desirable
- Schematic entry
- Advanced knowledge of PCB layout
- Extensive experience in development of mixed-signal test techniques.
- Data analysis software
- Advanced understanding of bench test equipment
- Advanced understanding of audio and/or power management test techniques
- Interpretation of data sheets
- Mentoring and coaching skills
Design Engineer Graduate
Participates in the Wolfson Product Development Process by designing complex integrated circuits in a closely supervised environment.
- Responsibility for supervised design and delivery of specific parts of IC developments within agreed timescales.
- Understands and follows the defined design process.
- Reports to a senior member of the design group and ultimately to Development Group Leader
- Mentored/coached by more senior colleagues.
- Participates in the product development process by designing complex high performance Integrated Circuits within agreed project timescales and under close supervision
- Demonstrates analysis and design techniques to create circuits on silicon to meet the specification in the agreed timescale
- Works in a supervised partnership with layout designers to ensure an accurate physical implementation of circuits
- Contributes to product definition, prototype evaluation, test development & product release to ensure that the part is manufacturable, competitive and meets the customers requirements
- Participates in project meetings.
Authorities and Limitiations
- Is closely supervised and is expected to demonstrate ownership and initiative while executing their tasks.
- Can make decisions that don’t impact project timescales or specification.
- Able to take an existing or suggested design or architecture and modify it to meet the specification.
- Generally not expected to solve a problem with out support.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Competences
- Excellent numerical ability
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills
- An innovative, creative, lateral thinking problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interpret results
- Able to work to tight and variable time scales
- Basic experience in design of CMOS Integrated Circuits
- Basic knowledge of relevant design techniques for consumer products
- Basic understanding in some of:
- Audio/Power Management circuit design
- Operational amplifier design
- Switched Capacitor circuits
- Low power design techniques
- Layout techniques
- Transistor level design
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Degree or equivalent in electronic engineering or other engineering related discipline, preferably grade 2(1).
If you are interested then submit your CV plus a covering letter to email@example.com.
Digital Design Engineers to Chip Lead level
We are seeking innovative and enthusiastic Digital Design Engineers (Senior, Principal and Chip Lead level). You should have extensive experience of digital design in a semiconductor design environment. We have a number of opportunities at present – contract and permanent – so please do get in touch.
As a digital design engineer you will be responsible for the development of complex digital designs within a product portfolio of high performance, mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs). At a Principal / Lead level you will be capable of leading design teams to deliver products which satisfy customer requirements.
The role will cover all aspects of digital design from definition, through RTL generation, verification and prototyping, to physical implementation. Responsibilities also include technical mentoring and cross-functional project work.
Desired Skills & Experience
The required skills and experience are as follows:
- Considerable experience in design of CMOS integrated circuits
- Expertise in several of the following areas:
- Synthesis and Place & Route
- Digital design using Verilog
- Experience of synthesis, constraint setting etc
- Experience of verifying digital designs using Verilog, System Verilog or any other tools
- Understanding of DSP implementation using logic gates (i.e. not programmable)
- Some mixed-signal experience