WM9093: Ultra Low Power Audio Subsystem
The WM9093 is a high performance low power audio subsystem, including headphone driver and Class AB/D earpiece/speaker driver. The Class D speaker driver supports 650mW output power at 3.6V, 1%THD.
The unique dual mode charge pump architecture provides ground referenced headphone outputs removing the requirement for external coupling capacitors. Class G technology is integrated to increase the efficiency and extend playback time by optimizing the headphone driver supply voltages according to the volume control.
The flexible input configuration allows single ended or differential stereo inputs. Mixers allow highly flexible routing to the outputs. A 'Voice Bypass' path is also available for low-power voice applications.
The WM9093 is controlled using a two-wire I2C interface. An integrated oscillator generates all internal clocks, removing the need to provide any external clock.
Separate mixer and volume controls are provided for each headphone and speaker driver. Automatic Gain Control limits the speaker output signal in order to prevent clipping. DC offset correction to less than 1mV guarantees a pop/click-free headphone start up.
The WM9093 is available in a 2.0mm x 2.5mm 20-bump CSP package.
- Mono Class D speaker driver
- 2W at 5V SVDD @1%THD+N into 4Ω
- 650mW at 3.6V SVDD @1%THD+N into 8Ω
- 92dB SNR
- Ground referenced stereo headphone driver
- 34mW into 16Ω load @ 1% THD+N
- 96dB SNR
- 80dB THD+N
- Mono Class AB earpiece driver
- 40mW into 8Ω load
- Differential and single ended analogue input configurations
- Integrated oscillator for clocking requirements
- I2C 2-wire software control interface
- Automatic gain control (AGC) for Class D speaker output
- Pop and click suppression, < 1mV DC offset
- <50ms start up time
- Excellent RF and TDMA noise immunity
- Ultra low power consumption
- 4mW quiescent for headphone driver
- 5mW quiescent for speaker driver (Class D)
- Shutdown current < 1uA
- Supply voltage
- SVDD = 2.7V to 5.5V
- HPVDD = 1.8V
- 1.8V to 2.7V control interface compatibility
- 20-bump CSP package