WM8993: CODEC with stereo speaker drivers and Class W headphone driver
The WM8993 is a highly integrated ultra-low power hi-fi CODEC designed for portable devices such as multimedia phones.
A stereo 1W/channel speaker driver can operate in class D or AB mode. Low leakage and high PSRR enable direct battery connection for the speaker supply.
Class W headphone drivers provide a dramatic reduction in playback power and are ground-referenced. Active ground loop noise rejection and DC offset correction help prevent pop noise and ground noise from degrading headphone output quality.
Powerful mixing capability allows the device to support a huge range of architectures and use cases. A highly flexible input configuration supports multiple microphone or line inputs (mono or stereo, single-ended or differential).
A fully differential internal architecture, active ground noise rejection and on-chip RF filtering ensure a very high degree of noise immunity.
ReTune™ Mobile provides powerful parametric equalization for optimizing speaker characteristics. Programmable dynamic range control is also available for maximizing loudness, protecting speakers from clipping and preventing premature shutdown due to battery droop.
The WM8993 is supplied in very small and thin 48-ball W-CSP package, ideal for portable systems.
- 100dB SNR during DAC playback (‘A’ weighted)
- Low power, low noise MIC interface
- 2W mono / 1W stereo class D or AB speaker driver
- 1W/channel into 8Ω BTL speaker at <1% THD
- ReTune™ Mobile parametric equalizer
- Dynamic range compressor
- Low power Class W headphone drivers
- Integrated charge pump
- 5mW total power for DAC playback to headphones
- Digital audio interface
- All standard data formats and 4-channel TDM supported
- All standard sample rates from 8kHz to 48kHz
- Low power FLL
- Provides all necessary internal clocks
- 32kHz to 27MHz input frequency
- Self-clocking mode for class D and charge pump
- 2 line outputs (single-ended stereo or differential mono)
- Dedicated earpiece driver
- “Direct voice” paths to outputs
- Low noise paths bypass all internal mixers
- Low power consumption
- Active noise reduction
- DC offset correction removes pops and clicks
- Ground loop noise cancellation
- 48-ball W-CSP package (3.64x3.54x0.7mm,0.5mm pitch)
Ordering & Samples
- Wolfson Frequency Locked Loop, Rev 1.0
- Impedance Compensation (Zobel Network) for Ground Referenced Outputs
- External Component Requirements for Ground Referenced Outputs
- DRC Operation in Wolfson Audio CODECs, Rev 1.0
- Wolfson Control Write Sequencer, Rev 1.0
- Decoupling and Layout Methodology for Wolfson DACs, ADCs and CODECs, Rev 1.1