WM8783: Stereo ADC
The WM8783 is a compact, low cost ADC designed for set-top boxes and DVD applications.
Stereo analogue inputs accept 1Vrms line level inputs; the Hi-Fi ADCs output 24-bit stereo data on the I2S digital audio interface.
Sample rates from 8kHz to 96kHz are supported; this is configured automatically according to the external master clock (MCLK) frequency.
A power on reset (POR) circuit ensures correct start-up and shut-down. The device is held in reset when MCLK is not present, offering a low-power standby state.
The WM8783 is supplied in an 8-pin SOIC package.
- Hi-fi audio ADC (96dB SNR - ‘A’ weighted)
- 2 analogue audio inputs
- I2S digital audio interface - sample rates 8kHz to 96kHz
- Automatic clocking configuration from MCLK and LRCLK
- Integrated voltage reference circuits
- 8-pin SOIC package
Ordering & Samples
- A.C. Coupling Capacitor Selection
- Decoupling and Layout Methodology for Wolfson DACs, ADCs and CODECs, Rev 1.1