WM2002: Stereo headphone driver with Wolfson ambient noise cancellation
The WM2002 is a low power, high quality stereo headphone driver, delivering Wolfson's patented ambient noise cancellation. The WM2002 supports analogue playback or voice input, and analogue microphones for noise cancellation.
Designed for incorporation within a stand-alone headset or headphone, the Wolfson ANC noise cancellation engine performs ambient noise cancellation during a voice call or during music playback.
The WM2002 provides integrated power management, comprising a DC-DC converter, Charge Pump and LDO Regulators. Different power supply configurations can be supported, including operation from a single cell AAA or AA battery, and other configurations using externally regulated supplies.
System clocking is achieved using a crystal-controlled on-chip oscillator. An external clock can be connected directly, if available.
The WM2002 is configured using programmable settings stored in an integrated non-volatile memory. The configuration stored in the OTP memory is enabled automatically at start-up. If required, the WM2002 can also be configured using register control accessed using a 2-wire serial control interface
Wolfson Ambient Noise Cancellation (ANC)
- >30dB (peak), 25dB (typical) ambient noise reduction*
- Wide noise cancellation bandwidth (40Hz to 4kHz)*
- *depending on acoustic configuration
- Up to 3 banks of ANC coefficients can be programmed to support different operating conditions
- Up to 10 analogue noise cancellation microphones
- 2 single-ended or 1 differential line input per channel
Headphone driver (LDO4VOUT = 1.8V)
- 45mW per channel into 16Ω load
- 22mW per channel into 32Ω load
- Single-ended or differential (BTL) drive configuration
- -82dB THD+N for differential (BTL) drive
- On-chip DC-DC boost converter, charge-pump and LDOs
- Flexible power supply options, including single cell battery (1 x AAA battery)
- Internal crystal oscillator
- Monitor pin to select mute / talk-through modes
- LED driver
- Tone generator for audible status indication
- Pop and click noise protection circuit
- RFI suppression
- 48-pin QFN package (7 x 7 x 0.75mm, 0.5mm pitch)
Ordering & Samples
To request a copy of the datasheet, please contact us
Find out more about Wolfson Ambient Noise Cancellation