The WM8734 is a low power stereo CODEC ideal for MD, CD-RW machines and DAT recording applications.
Stereo line inputs are provided, along with a mute function and programmable line level volume control.
Stereo 24-bit multi-bit sigma delta ADCs and DACs are used with oversampling digital interpolation and decimation filters.
Digital audio input word lengths from 16-32 bits and sampling rates from 8kHz to 96kHz are supported.
Stereo audio line level outputs are provided along with anti-thump mute and power up/down circuitry.
The device is controlled via a 2 or 3 wire serial interface. The interface provides access to all features including level controls, mutes, de-emphasis and power management facilities. The device is available in 20-lead SSOP or 28-lead, 5x5mm QFN packages.
- Audio Performance
- 90dB SNR (‘A’ weighted @ 48kHz) ADC
- 100dB SNR (‘A’ weighted @ 48kHz) DAC
- 2.7 - 3.6V Digital Supply Operation
- 2.7 - 3.6V Analogue Supply Operation
- ADC and DAC Sampling Frequency: 8kHz - 96kHz
- Selectable ADC High Pass Filter
- 2 or 3-Wire MPU Serial Control Interface
- Programmable Audio Data Interface Modes
- I2S, Left, Right Justified or DSP
- 6/20/24/32 bit Word Lengths
- Master or Slave Clocking Mode
- Stereo Audio Inputs and Outputs
- 20-lead SSOP or 5x5mm QFN Package Options