WM8766: 6-channel DAC with volume control
The WM8766 is a multi-channel audio DAC ideal for DVD and surround sound processing applications for home hi-fi, automotive and other audio visual equipment.
Three stereo 24-bit multi-bit sigma delta DACs are used with oversampling digital interpolation filters. Digital audio input word lengths from 16-32 bits and sampling rates from 8kHz to 192kHz are supported. Each DAC channel has independent digital volume and mute control.
The audio data interface supports I2S, left justified, right justified and DSP digital audio formats
The device is controlled either via a 3 wire serial interface or directly using the hardware interface. These interfaces provide access to features including channel selection, volume controls, mutes, de-emphasis and power management facilities. The device is available in a 28-pin SSOP.
- 6-Channel DAC
- Audio Performance
- 103dB SNR (’A’ weighted @ 48kHz) DAC
- DAC Sampling Frequency: 8kHz - 192kHz
- 3-Wire SPI Serial or Hardware Control Interface
- Programmable Audio Data Interface Modes
- I2S, Left, Right Justified or DSP
- 16/20/24/32 bit Word Lengths
- Three Independent stereo DAC outputs with independent digital volume controls
- Master or Slave Audio Data Interface
- 2.7V to 5.5V Analogue, 2.7V to 3.6V Digital Supply Operation
- 28 pin SSOP Package