WM5100: Audio SoC with integrated noise/echo-cancelling DSP
The WM5100 is a highly integrated low-power audio system with exceptional levels of performance and signal processing capability. Digital effects, noise reduction, speech clarity and Ambient Noise Cancellation (ANC) algorithms are all supported, suitable for a wide variety of mobile and handheld devices.
The Wolfson myZone™ technology supports receive (RX) path and transmit (TX) path noise cancellation. Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC) algorithms are also supported. The WM5100 is ideal for mobile telephony applications, providing enhanced voice communication quality for near-end and far-end handset users.
The WM5100 digital core provides extensive capability for programmable signal processing algorithms. Equalisation and application-specific filters can be implemented, including digital effects to improve audibility and stereo imaging in small size loudspeakers. Highly flexible digital mixing, including multi-channel sample rate conversion between asynchronous clocking domains, provides use-case flexibility across a broad range of system architectures. Three independent digital audio interfaces are provided, each supporting a wide range of standard audio sample rates.
The integrated headphone drivers provide 3 stereo ground-referenced outputs. These can also be configured in mono differential (BTL) configuration. Noise levels as low as 3.2µVRMS provide hi-fi quality output. Speakerphone applications can be supported using the Class D speaker driver or the integrated digital speaker (PDM) interface with an external PDM-input speaker amplifier.
The WM5100 supports up to eight analogue or digital microphone inputs. The Wolfson myZone™ ANC processor implements an enhanced filtering algorithm to consistently deliver the optimum noise cancellation performance using two or more microphone input channels. A smart digital microphone interface provides power regulation, low jitter clock output and decimation filters for digital microphones.
Microphone activity detection with interrupt is available. Impedance sensing and measurement is provided for external accessory and push-button detection.
The WM5100 is powered from a 1.8V external supply. A supply is also required for the Class D speaker drivers (typically 4.2V). Two integrated FLLs provide support for a wide range of system clock frequencies. The WM5100 is configured using a standard 2-wire serial control interface. Fully differential internal architecture and on-chip RF noise filters ensure a very high degree of noise immunity.
- Programmable DSP and Noise Cancellation functions
- Wolfson myZone™ adaptive ambient noise cancellation
- Transmit-path noise reduction and echo cancellation
- Wind noise, sidetone and other programmable filters
- Audio enhancements and voice processing functions
- Audio inputs
- Up to 8 analogue or digital microphone inputs
- Single-ended or differential analogue microphone input
- Line input support (single-ended or differential)
- Multi-purpose headphone / earpiece / line output drivers
- 3 stereo output paths
- Integrated Charge Pump for ground referenced output
- Mono differential (BTL) drive option on each output
- Pop suppression functions
- 30mW into 32Ω load at 1% THD+N
- 3.2µVRMS noise floor (A-weighted)
- 6.5mW headphone playback power consumption
- 2 x 2W stereo Class D speaker output drivers
- Four-channel digital speaker (PDM) interface
- 3 full digital audio interfaces
- Standard sample rates from 4kHz up to 768kHz
- Ultrasonic accessory function support
- TDM support on all AIFs
- 8 channel input and output on AIF1
- Multi-channel sample rate conversion
- Allows digital audio to be routed between different sample rates and between different clock reference domains
- Flexible system clocking
- External clocking from 2 MCLK inputs or AIF BCLK
- Dual FLLs support wide range of input clock reference frequencies, including down to 32kHz
- Configurable functions on 6 GPIO pinsAdvanced accessory detection functions
- Up to 6 push-button accessory inputs
- 'Switchable ground' support for different headset types
- Integrated power management
- Two Charge Pumps and 2 LDO Regulators
- Support for single 1.8V supply operation
- 155-ball W-CSP package
- 7.259 x 6.190 x 0.553mm, 0.4mm pitch
Ordering & Samples
To request a copy of the datasheet, please contact us