WM8501: Stereo DAC with 1.7rms line driver
The WM8501 is a high performance stereo DAC with an integrated 1.7Vrms line driver. It is designed for audio applications that require a high voltage output along with enhanced load drive capability.
The WM8501 supports data input word lengths from 16 to 24-bits and sampling rates up to 192kHz. The WM8501 consists of a serial interface port, digital interpolation filters, multi-bit sigma delta modulators and stereo DAC in a 14-lead SOIC package.
The hardware control interface is used for the selection of audio data interface format, enable and de-emphasis. The WM8501 supports I2S, right Justified or DSP interfaces.
Operating on separate analog and digital supplies the WM8501 offers very lower power consumption from the digital section, whilst supporting enhanced load drive from the analogue output.
- Stereo DAC with 1.7Vrms line driver from 5V analogue supply
- Audio performance
- - 100dB SNR (‘A’ weighted @ 48kHz)
- - -88dB THD
- DAC Sampling Frequency: 8kHz – 192kHz
- Pin Selectable Audio Data Interface Format
- - I2S, 16-bit Right Justified or DSP
- 14-lead SOIC package
- 4.5V - 5.5V analogue, 2.7V - 5.5V digital supply operation