WM8523: Stereo charge pump DAC with ground ref 2Vrms line driver
The WM8523 is a stereo DAC with integral charge pump and software control interface. This provides 2Vrms line driver outputs using a single 3.3V power supply rail.
The device features ground-referenced outputs and the use of a DC servo to eliminate the need for line driving coupling capacitors and effectively eliminate power on pops and clicks.
The device is controlled and configured either via the I2C/SPI compliant serial control interface or a hardware control interface.
The device supports all common audio sampling rates between 8kHz and 192kHz using all common MCLK fs rates. Master and Slave modes are available and de-emphasis is also supported.
The WM8523 has a 3.3V tolerant digital interface, allowing logic up to 3.3V to be connected.
The device is available in a 20-lead TSSOP package.
- High performance stereo DAC with ground referenced line driver
- Audio Performance
- 106dB SNR (‘A-weighted’)
- -89dB THD @ -1dBFS
- Digital Volume control ranging from -100dB to +12dB
- 120dB mute attenuation
- All common sample rates from 8kHz to 192kHz supported
- I2C/SPI compatible and hardware control modes
- Data formats: LJ, RJ, I2S, DSP
- De-emphasis supported
- Maximum 1mV DC offset on Line Outputs
- Pop/Click suppressed Power Up/Down Sequencer
- AVDD and LINEVDD +3.3V ±10% allowing single supply
- 20-lead TSSOP package
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to 85°C