WM8533: Stereo charge pump DAC with ground Ref 2.1Vrms line driver
The WM8533 is a stereo DAC with integral charge pump and software control interface. This provides 2Vrms line driver outputs using a 3.3V power supply rail.
The device features ground-referenced outputs and the use of a DC servo to eliminate the need for line driving coupling capacitors and effectively eliminate power on pops and clicks.
The device is controlled and configured either via the I2C/SPI compliant serial control interface or a hardware control interface.
The device supports all common audio sampling rates between 8kHz and 192kHz using all common MCLK / fs ratios. Master and slave modes are available and de-emphasis is also supported.
The WM8533 has a 1.8 to 3.3V tolerant digital interface, allowing logic up to 3.3V to be connected.
The device is available in a 1.842 x 1.772mm 20-ball WCSP.
- High performance stereo DAC with ground referenced line driver
- Audio performance
- 106dB SNR ('A-weighted')
- -89dB THD @ -1dBFS
- Digital volume control ranging from -100dB to +12dB
- 120dB mute attenuation
- All common sample rates from 8kHz to 192kHz supported
- I2C/SPI compatible and hardware control modes
- Data formats: LJ, RJ, I2S, DSP
- De-emphasis supported
- Maximum 1mV DC offset on line outputs
- Pop/click suppressed power up/down sequencer
- AVDD and LINEVDD +3.3V ±10% allowing single supply
- DBVDD supply supports +1.8V or +3.3V digital I/O
- 1.842 x 1.772mm 20-ball WCSP